School Facilities Policy
It is the policy of the Bridgeport Board of Education to make school facilities available for use by the public when such use does not interfere with school-related activities. Eligible users of school facilities include the following:
1. School-related agencies
2. Federal, state, and municipal agencies
3. Non-school organizations, associations, or individuals whose activities are related to civic, cultural, recreational, or public welfare activities that benefit Bridgeport residents
4. School employee groups
5. Religious organizations may use school facilities on the same basis as other user groups, except that the use of facilities for direct religious purposes will be subject to the established fee schedule.
The Bridgeport Board of Education has established a schedule of fees that includes a rental fee for the use of space as well as labor costs associated with custodial, security, and cafeteria services. All organizations, agencies, or individuals, except the following, will be subject to the rental fees listed:
1. All school-related student activities
2. Bridgeport-based non-profit youth organizations such as boy scouts and girl scouts
3. Bridgeport youth or adult activities sponsored directly by the City of Bridgeport, such as recreation programs, civic groups, cultural groups, etc.
4. Bridgeport Board of Education parent-teacher organizations
5. City of Bridgeport municipal agencies
6. Board of Education employee group activities
The groups listed above may be liable for custodial, security, and cafeteria overtime costs depending on date, time, facilities to be used and other variables.