The FFA is a vital component of the aquaculture education program. It provides opportunities for students to develop personal leadership skills and to participate in career development activities while making positive contributions to their local community. Students are strongly encouraged to become members of the Bridgeport Aquaculture FFA, a chapter of the National FFA Organization.
A program of activities is developed each year by elected student officers and instructors who serve as advisors. Emphasis is placed on planning activities which allow members to strengthen life skills such as organization, interpersonal communication, extemporaneous and prepared public speaking, goal-setting, teamwork and business meeting protocols.
Members enjoy participating in activities during school such as public speaking events, chapter business meetings, field trips and fund-raising. Team competitions with area FFA chapters are available to all members and are intended to promote sportsmanship and positive self- esteem in our members while demonstrating their knowledge of aquaculture related topics. The year culminates with an annual awards event in the spring, where student members are recognized for their efforts.
Another important benefit for members is the Aquaculture School’s FFA scholarship, awarded to students who have demonstrated leadership skills and the financial need for the award. Mailed to each member’s home is the FFA’s official publication, “FFA New Horizons”. It highlights information on aquaculture education, careers, FFA and new agricultural/ aquacultural developments, as well as various youth-related topics.
Please access the FFA Membership form here.
The yearly membership due is $30. Please indicate your method of payment below.
Scholarships are available to those in need. Please send a note from the parent's email to firstname.lastname@example.org, making the request.As well, all students receiving reduced or free lunch are eligible for a scholarship with evidence of this condition sent to email@example.com as verification.
- Venmo - @Aqua-Funds. Payment is NOT for goods/services. Please include FFA dues and student name in the note
- PayPal - firstname.lastname@example.org, Please send to "Friends and Family" (as we are not a business/providing goods and services); please include FFA dues and student name in the Subject/Message field
- Mail/send a check - please make out to Bridgeport Aquaculture and include FFA dues and student name in the memo
- Cash (bring to Mrs. Stekl or Ms. Kranyik. preferably in a labeled envelope)
- Other (Scholarship/Reduced or Free Lunch): See above.