Website: www.taaosc.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trinbago American Association of Southern Connecticut Cultural Exchange Scholarship.
The Trinbago American Association of Southern Connecticut (TAAoSC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the task of enhancing the lives of others through cultural exchange. Its governing body has agreed to establish a scholarship fund to facilitate the availability of two annual awards as outlined in this document. These awards will be available to high school students who exemplify the aspirations of the Association as demonstrated by the
contents of their essay submission.
To be considered for this Award you must:
1. Write an essay indicating the steps you must take as a member of the young generation to promote the culture of your ancestral heritage in the future.
2. The Applicant must be of Caribbean heritage.
3. The essay must contain between 1000 to 1200 words.
4. The essay must provide information on the uniqueness of your heritage.
5. Each Applicant must be a College bound High School Student in good standing.
The TAAoSC Scholarship Committee will consider these criteria in making their selection:
1. How well the essay submission articulates a response to the above criteria.
HOW TO APPLY, AMOUNT OF THE AWARD AND DISBURSEMENT
Applications will only be accepted from students of High Schools or tutoring establishments invited to participate by TAAoSC. Each Applicant must attach to their essay a basic cover letter providing their contact information and a statement releasing all rights to the contents of the essay once submitted. The cover letter must be signed by the student and his or her parent or legal guardian. Applications can be sent electronically via e-mail to email@example.com or to P.O. Box 1492 Bridgeport CT 06601-1492. This is an award for 500.00 which will be disbursed directly to your college of choice. A certificate acknowledging the award will be presented to the winning Applicant at the Association’s Annual Republic Day Dinner & Dance on September 23th.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Applications must be received or postmarked by Saturday, April 22, 2017 by 11:59pm. Applications received after the April 22, 2017 deadline will not be considered.
Applicants will be notified through their High School Representative