Championship Final Results May 20, 2019
- In the 2019 Bridgeport Public Schools Debate League Championship, Betsy Ross' Gihon Mack and Jayla Anderson defeated Discovery Magnet's Abraham Lima and Nataly Valencia. The resolution was “This House would require government to obtain warrants to access information such as telephone and internet data that can be used to track an individual”.
- In the semifinals, Mack and Anderson defeated Aldin Medunjanin and Thomas Donnelly of Discovery Magnet and Lima and Valencia defeatedGenesis Bendolph and Laila Kelly-Walker of Betsy Ross. The resolution was "This House would remove the words 'under God' from the American Pledge of Allegiance as a violation of the First Amendment".
Championship Tournament Results May 18, 2019
- 31 teams competed in the season ending championship tournament of the Bridgeport Public Schools Debate League. The topic was US Constitutional Amendments. Teams from Betsy Ross (2 teams), Geraldine Claytor(1 team), Discovery Magnet (3 teams), Park City Magnet (1 team) and Jetti Tisdale (1 team) advanced to the quarterfinals, with Betsy Ross (2 teams) and Discovery Magnet (2 teams) advancing to the final 4.
Tournament Results May 6, 2019
- In the 2019 Hispanic Heritage Debate Cesar Batalla's Joaquin Chunga and Atila Rivero defeated Multicultural Magnet's Sofia Atehortua and Rosa Navarro Pulla, in the novice devision. The resolution was "This House believes that the U.S. should take in more refugees." In the varsity division, Geraldine Claytor's Evelyn Saqui-Lima and Stephanie Rivera defeated Park City Magnet's Ciara Feliciano and Daniela Aguero. The resolution was "This House supports illegal immigrants becoming citizens."
Tournament Results May 1, 2019
- Discovery Magnet's Aldin Medunjanin and Thomas Donnelly defeated Park City Magnet's Kelliece Dixon and Ruth Morgan in the 2nd annual Greater Bridgeport Bar Association's Law Day Debate. The resolution was "This House would regulate the press."
Tournament Results Mar. 30, 2019
- 28 teams competed in the season’s fourth tournament. The topic was criminal
Tournament Results March 2, 2019 Superintendents’ Cup
- Cancelled due to inclement weather
Tournament Results February 27, 2019 Douglas-Garrison Debate
- Park City Magnet (Kelliece Dixon and Ruth Morgan) representing the government,
defeated Discovery Magnet (Thomas Donnelly and Aldin Medunjanin) in the Third
Annual NAACP Douglas-Garrison Debate. The resolution was This House would
treat White Supremacy groups as terrorist organizations. In the varsity division, Central High School (Jada Burgess and Katerina Ruiz) also representing the government, defeated Fairchild Wheeler (Heer Thakkar and
Kenny Pineda) on the resolution This House would make Bridgeport a gun-free zone.
Tournament Results Feb. 2, 2019
- 32 teams competed in the season’s third tournament. The topic was the
Tournament Results Jan. 25, 2019 Twin City Classic
- Jettie S Tisdale (Annaliese Ovalle and Lindsey Mohammed) defeated New Haven’s Betsy Ross in the inaugural Twin City Classic Tournament held at Yale University. Central High School (Ezequiel Fontan and Chunjang Bruynder) was the runners up in the varsity division. The topic for the debate was immigration reform.
Tournament Results Dec.18, 2018 Magnet Cup
- Geraldine Claytor (Clemintine Gnoto and Stephanie Rivera) defeated Discovery Magnet (Aldin Medunjanin and Thomas Donnelly) in the inaugural Magnet Cup Tournament. The topic was education.
Tournament Results Dec. 15, 2018
- 32 teams competed in the season’s second tournament. The topic was technology
Tournament Results Nov.10, 2018
- 36 teams competed in the season opening tournament. The topic was education.