Community Service Club
BMA’s Community Service Club gives cadets the opportunity to not only participate in community service activities but also to lead them. Cadets interested in this club should contact Ms. Bresky.
Community Service for 2021/2022
Hi everyone! I am so excited to start this new school year off right - with new energy and new goals for our community service club! To get as many people involved as possible, I want everyone on the Charity Miles App. To sign up, simply download the app, set up your profile (choose flying solo), and then go to teams at the bottom of the page, find #BMASpartans and hit join team! Once you are all set up, you can earn money for your favorite charity by walking, bicycling, or running. Just remember to turn your Charity Miles on before you go! For each mile, Charity Miles' sponsors will donate 10 cents. This may not sound like a lot but it adds up!
Thinking ahead, there are a few community service projects I would like us to consider:
- a non-perishable food drive for a local food pantry
- wands for wildlife, link here: Home (wandsforwildlife.org)
- Seaside Park clean-up
- BMA beautification project
- Pop tabs collection for the Ronald McDonald House, link here: Pop Tabs | RMHC of CT & Western MA (rmhc-ctma.org)
- Trees of Hope - In the past we have donated a basket but we could also do an actual tree this year, link here: Ronald McDonald House of CT 32nd Annual… | RMHC of CT & Western MA (rmhc-ctma.org)
These are just some ideas to get us started. If anyone would like to lead one of these service projects, please let me know and I will help you get started and reach out to the other club members!
If you know of anyone who would like to join the club, please have them reach out to me so that we can get them on board.