Use of ParentSquare Services
ParentSquare is Bridgeport Public School’s official Communications Platform for District sanctioned messaging, notification and communications with students and their parents/guardians/families. All usage of the platform is governed by the District’s acceptable usage policy for technology and ParentSquare specific usage policies. Any inappropriate and/or unauthorized usage and actions by staff/faculty with any District systems and communications platforms may result in disciplinary actions taken by administration. ParentSquare is not a social media platform and therefore may not be used for any communications not expressly authorized by the District for the purposes of work, student engagement and appropriate employee communication.
BPS' ParentSquare services may contain news feed, chat areas, groups, forums, communities, personal information, calendars, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to collaborate with staff members or other users in your School (collectively, “Communication Services”),you agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Communication Service, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Copy, reproduce, or otherwise share any text, photos, videos, images, contacts or any other information on a public or password-protected ParentSquare page, without prior express written consent of the owner and in any way that violates anybody’s rights.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless your School specifically allows such messages.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines that may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
ParentSquare has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, ParentSquare reserves the right to review materials posted to a Communication Service and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. ParentSquare reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
ParentSquare specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Service. School members such as principal or teachers are not authorized ParentSquare spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of ParentSquare.
Materials uploaded to BPS's Communication Service may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination. You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.