· Support district wide initiatives.
· Send their children to school on time and everyday.
· Send to their child's teacher a written excuse for any absence.
· Support the school staff by ensuring that children come to school prepared and ready to learn.
· Provide a special place for homework and study time.
· Be available to support their children in completion of homework.
· Read to their children and encourage them to read independently and briefly discuss selections read.
· Provide learning experiences through everyday activities (i.e. grocery shopping, cooking, counting, and measuring).
· Take part in the planning and development of the School Strategic Plan and Parent Involvement Plan.
· Attend conferences and follow up on appointments requested by school staff.
· Attend report card conferences twice a year.
· Communicate with their child's teacher on a regular basis.
· Participate in workshops and meetings provided by school personnel.
· Participate in school programs, ie.: Honor Roll Tea, Field Trips, Special classroom and school programs.
· Attend monthly PAC meetings.
· Make use of the Parent Center as a means of enhancing their children's education.
· Read the monthly calendar of events and school newspaper to keep informed.
· Encourage other parents to participate as volunteers in their children's classroom.
· Keep school informed of current address, phone and emergency phone numbers.
· Encourage their children to visit with parents the Bridgeport Public Library where books and resources are available.