Absences and Tardies
Student Success Begins With Good Attendance-
EVERY DAY COUNTS Attendance is important to your child’s academic success. Your child needs to attend school every school day, except in cases of illness or emergency. Our office phone 203.275.3812
1. When your child is absent from school, please call the main office at 203.275.3812 to verify the absence.
2. You must send a note with the reason why your child was absent from school upon return.
3. A doctor's note is required after three consecutive days of absence.
4. When your child is tardy, a parent or guardian must sign them in at the office.
5. Students must be in the classroom by 8:55 am or will be marked tardy.
6. Three unexcused tardies equal one absence.
It is very important that your child arrives at school on time every school day and line up with his/her classmates at 8:40 a.m. on the playground. If your child is going to be tardy or absent from school, it is important for parents to call the Main Office 203.275.3812 to let the school know the reason for the tardy or absence.
When your child returns to school, he/she must give the Teacher a note from you or his/her doctor explaining the reason for the absence or tardy.