1914 - 2021
Celebrating 98 Years of Educating Bridgeport's Young People
Hall School, founded in 1914, was named in honor of Lyman Hall, an American Revolutionary War statesman. Hall was born in Wallingford, Connecticut in 1724. He studied for the ministry at Yale College. Later, he became a doctor and settled in Georgia where he became governor in 1783. He was also a delegate to the Continental Congress and was a signer of the Declaration of Independence.
Hall School originally consisted of eight classrooms, then later was expanded to sixteen, to relieve the overcrowded conditions at Summerfield School in the Remington district. The first principal was Miss Florence E. Blackham, with Samuel Slawson as superintendent.