Contact us at 203-275-4601
The Mission of the Bridgeport Public School
Expect Great Things
The mission of the Bridgeport Public Schools and its supporting community is to graduate all students college ready and prepared to succeed in life.
Our School Mission
The mission of our school is to provide high-quality education, in a caring environment, aimed at nurturing the development of the "total child," while emphasizing a solid foundation in the basic subject areas. Utilizing a multicultural curriculum and the teaching of a second language, we strive to enhance our students' awareness and appreciation of cultures, including their own.
Our School History
The Bridgeport Public School System opened its Multicultural Magnet School in September of 1980.
What is the Multicultural Magnet School?
The Multicultural Magnet School is a Kindergarten through Grade 8 school that provides the benefits of a multicultural environment. While promoting excellence in all academic areas, Multicultural Magnet places special emphasis on the acquisition of a second language, Spanish or Portuguese. The school program encourages students to go beyond traditional textbook lessons, and explore various cultural heritages through activities such as art, music, dance, and ethnic holiday celebrations while stressing the importance of social studies and geography skills.
What makes Multicultural Magnet School unique?
- Multiculturalism means students become aware of other cultures and customs while appreciating their own through a monthly schoolwide theme.
- An experienced teaching staff, well trained to meet the specific needs of the diverse student population.
- All Day Kindergarten
- Fine arts program which includes band, string orchestra, chorus, music and art appreciation.
- Second Language program teaches all students a second language, Spanish or Portuguese, from grades K - 8.
- Number one in attendance throughout the city on a consistent basis including annual prize.
- Computers in the classrooms as well for student and teacher integration of technology in their daily lessons.
- One of the top scoring schools in Bridgeport on standardized test results.