Mrs. Morrone's Online Portal
Winter Weather Protocol
Dear Edison Families, in anticipation of the winter season and for the safety of all Edison School students we would like to remind you of a few important details. Due to lack of supervision and liability issues, only staff is allowed in the building before 8:40 AM. In inclement weather situations, we will still be unable to allow students in the building before 8:40 AM. Additionally, children should not be left in front of the building before the start of school without adult supervision. In the case of a delayed opening or early dismissal, please make sure you are up to date with local weather reports, phone blasts, text messages, and posts on Facebook.
DAILY DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
Please be reminded of our dismissal procedures as we wish for this process to go as smoothly, quickly and safely as possible.
· Kindergarten and first grade dismissal begins at 3:04. Students and their older siblings will dismiss at this time.
· All other students in grades 2-6 will dismiss at 3:06.
· Students MUST shake their teacher’s hand before leaving their class line. Please do not take a child out of their class line without the teacher being informed.
· In the event of inclement weather, students will be dismissed from the front hallway. Teachers will come to the main doors, see who is being picked up, and bring the child to the door. No parent is to enter the building at this time.
· Parents must greet and meet their child on the school property and personally acknowledge the teacher. Children will not be allowed to walk unescorted to the sidewalk, road, or cars.
· Please make sure whoever is picking your child up is on the emergency form. If the person is not recognized by the teacher, they may be asked to show a photo ID. If there are changes please ask your teacher for a new emergency form so it can be updated.
Thank you for your help to ensure a safe dismissal process!
Mrs. Morrone, Principal