Welcome to Room 1209! My name is Miss King-Sadler. I am one of the two mainstream First Grade teachers. First grade is a year filled with learning, new friendships and fun activities. Our days are filled with Literacy, new concepts in Math, Science and Social Studies.
I am delighted to be your child's First Grade teacher. Personally, I believe that first grade will be your child's most challenging year in their entire educational career!
Below are a few "tid-bits" about me!
- I received my Master's in Education from the University of Bridgeport and my Sixth Year Certificate of Advanced Studies in Reading from Sacred Heart University.
- I have been working with children all my life as I am the oldest of 7!
- My favorite color is orange.
- I love cooking with my students!
- I have a pet cat.
First Grade Expectations...
- Listen to and follow directions
- Decode regular, multi-syllabic words
- Read grade level text with fluency, accuracy, expression and understanding
- Write stories with no less than 5 sentences
- Print upper and lowercase letters correctly
- Write number sentences to show addition and subtraction
- Master addition and subtraction facts
- Represent and identify whole numbers up to 100 as groups of tens and ones
- Identify, name and use pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters
- Tell time to the nearest hour
First Grade is filled with fun theme based activities and field trips!